Hi everyone! As you might have noticed, I’ve been a bit MIA on my blog lately. Okay, since the end of JULY. That’s almost 6 months now. I feel like a part of me is missing too. I miss sharing recipes and learning about your great ideas on the blogosphere. So I’ve decided, that although I’m currently writing a Masters thesis, working, recently married (wahoo!!!), designing/furnishing a new home, yada yada yada, that I’m going to commit time to my blog again. (Any encouragement is appreciated ;))

I originally stopped posting recipes because I ‘fell off the wagon’, as they say. I was so busy with graduate school and wedding planning that I didn’t make a full effort to avoid ALL sugar and ALL dairy. I still stayed far away from gluten, because I continue to have immediate reactions from it. But the dairy and sugar didn’t seem to have much of an effect on me anymore, plus a man entered my life that has no dietary needs to speak of, and I ended cooking more with dairy and sugar for convenience. So I felt that I couldn’t share my recipes. However, it’s time to get back on the band wagon. I’ve started having some headaches again and acme/stomach problems from the dairy are starting to pop up. And this blog is such a great motivator for me to try new things that are healthy – so I’ve decided to start committing more time to it again.

Did I mention I recently got married? I suppose I meant to say I JUST got married, on January 7th. And we just got back from the honeymoon :) Over the past few months I’ve been working on a lot of projects for our new home and it got me thinking that I’d like to share them. So along with starting to post recipes again, I’m going to be adding some of my fun projects and share tutorials for things that I’ve been making.

I hope you’ll still follow along! I can’t wait to get back into seeing what you all have been up to in the last 6 months as well. I’ve missed you!

~Aubree Cherie

14 Responses to I’m still alive! (so I’m told)

1. Congratulations! And what a gorgeous picture! So pleased to see you back, looking forward to your posts. I hope you will share some of them with us at Hearth and Soul (Tuesday to Thursday) and The Gallery of Favorites (a ‘new’ weekend blog hop I co-host). Best wishes!

You said it–wahoo!! Huge congrats on your marriage (what a stunning photo!), the house, the Masters! And so nice to see you back here. I can’t wait to follow along again–looking forward to more yummy recipes (and the occasional peek into your decorating!). :)

So good to see you back at it! Congratulations on being married, you look gorgeous and happy. Can’t wait for your next creation. Perhaps you’ll give me the motivation to blog again!

Yay! I’m glad you’re back! I have to admit that when I saw your wedding photo on Facebook, I was secretly hoping that that meant you would start posting again with the wedding being over. :) We’ve missed you!

5. Jessica says:

So happy you are back! Although I’ve fallen off the bandwagon myself, I look forward to seeing what you come up with for recipes I can use when I decide to hop back on! Also, the addition of crafts makes me happy :D

6. Welcome back, Aubree! And big, big congratulations to you and the new hubby! What a gorgeous wedding photo! I’m so excited that you are back. (Okay, I better write one sentence without an exclamation point. You probably have a built-in limit. LOL) I’ve definitely missed you, and I’ll be happy to check out whatever you share. :-)

xoxo,

7. Lori says:

Congratulations on everything, the marriage, masters and house. Nice to see you again.

8. Oh wow – thank you everyone for all your beautiful encouragement! I’m so happy that you all even remember me! hehe

Thanks again for the lovely comments and your support. It means so much to me :)

9. We HAVE missed you!!! So happy for your big changes, and congratulations on your marriage! (Leave it to a man to throw you off your wagon. Ha!) Look forward to more wonderful posts, but post as you feel lead. No pressure. You have so many things to share, but a sweet life to live. Hugs!

10. AleaMilham says:

Welcome back, I’ve missed your posts and recipes. Your wedding picture is gorgeous! I am excited about the new direction of your blog and look forward to reading about your projects.

11. Congratulations, and welcome back! Start your new life together feeling as well as you can, so get back on the wagon and be happy and healthy! :)

12. Miz Helen says:

Congratulations on your marriage and welcome back.You look beautiful on your wedding day. You have been missed and I look forward to seeing your great recipes again and hope to see you at Full Plate Thursday very soon.
    Best Wishes!
    Miz Helen

13. Christine says:

A very belated congratulations to you! I didn’t realize that you got married, but that’s super exciting! I’m looking forward to seeing your recipes again. :-) Take care!