You Love Him, So Spoil Him
Fathers Day Fair
It’s time for the June version of Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free! This monthly event is coordinated by Naomi Devlin – be sure to look over her tasty and also healthy gluten free recipes on her blog, Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried.
I’ve been given the lucky opportunity to host this month (one of my favorite months of the year for many reasons!), and I wanted to highlight one of my favorite genre of people – dad’s. I’m not sure how many of you have close relationships with your fathers or if any of your fathers are gluten free. But I’m hoping through this event we can find out! Let’s come up with recipes that encompass what our dad is/was to us. Maybe it’s his favorite dish that’s altered to be gluten free, something you would serve on Father’s day, or something that HE likes to make that is gluten free. Also, if you’d rather not focus on your own father, feel free to incorporate the favorite dad in your life – a husband, uncle, brother, etc!
One other thing I was thinking would be fun is to highlight these dad’s in our submission post. Maybe it’s a photo or a story about him. I know I don’t tell my dad how much I love him often enough, so let’s try and do that this month!
Join the fun and participate!
- Everyone can participate and submit a recipe! If you don’t have a blog yourself or your blog isn’t gluten free, that’s okay. For this event though, the recipe should be gluten free.
- If you don’t have a blog, in your e-mail submission be sure to include the complete recipe, commentary, and photo so I can add them to the wrap-up post.
- If you have a blog and your entry is posted there, please be sure to link back to this post. Submit your link and photo via e-mail to the address below.
- Submissions are due to me at aubreecherie at gmail.com by June 27 (my birthday! :D) so that all the delicious recipes can be posted together at the end of the month.
- Please sure to let me know if you have any questions – you can ask them in the comments section or send an e-mail to the above address.
And just for fun…
My dad has been a big part of life. Until I moved away for college, we spent countless hours together. He taught me to ski when I was 2:
We both have a passion for water, boating, and food – so grilling on the boat was a favorite passtime:
And even if it’s just goofing off, my dad and I always find ways to enjoy life: