Okay – I’ve taken the advice of some of my favorite bloggers and have decided to make a few changes to the Top Ten Recipes of Last Week that I’ve been doing since March 30th, 2010. I can’t believe it’s already been a whole year of me having this weekly blog post – all by my lonesome (it’s really not as sad as I’m trying to make it sound, I promise ;))
A special thanks to Iris of The Daily Dietribe, who suggested this idea. Beginning this week, there will still be a list that I’ve put together of recipes that I think are awesome and that I hope one day to find the time to make, but with a new twist! The change is that now YOU can join the fun too! At the bottom of my list there is a linky where I invite you to add a recipe that you really enjoyed this past week. The ‘catch’ is that it can’t be one of your own recipes; it has to be a recipe on another individuals blog.
Since my blog is dedicated to dishes that do not include gluten, that’s going to be a requirement as well. I know many of us may or may not also exclude dairy and refined sugar; so I’ll keep those two as optional. But it would be pretty exciting for me if there were copious amounts of gluten, dairy, AND sugar free recipes linked up!
The goal here is not only to get more people involved, but hopefully we’ll all learn and discover new blogs each week! And I think it’s fun to draw attention to someone else’s blog, especially when someone might also be highlighting YOUR recipe at the same time!
(I’ve never done this linky tools thing, so I’m hoping that I’ve done it right. If there are any problems, please let me know and I’ll be sure to try and fix them!) I’m also not sure how I feel about the graphic for this ‘new’ blog event, but it’ll have to do for now :)
My Fav (Top 10) Recipes from
Last Week (3-29 to 4-4)
So a quick recap on the rules:
- add a recipe that you like from someone else’s blog (can’t be your own recipe)
- the recipe you add should be from last Tuesday to today, so for this week that’s March 29 to April 4th.
- All recipes need to be gluten free please. If possible, sugar free and dairy free would be fun to!
- Please make sure you link an actual recipe post, not just a link or picture post
- Add your entry by the following Friday each week, so that we all have the weekend to explore.
- If you’d like, add a comment about the recipe you added if you think it deserves some extra text love :)
Thanks all! Can’t wait to see how this turns out :)