Weekly updates from Living Free

First off, my apologies! On my last blog entry I had promised that I would have a ‘my travels’ post up next. Unfortunately I’ve had a bit of a try-and-catch-up-slash-find-my-life week (erg, jet lag!), so I haven’t completed it yet. It’s coming! I hadn’t realized just HOW MANY photos I had taken though. I’m glad for them, but culling, organizing, and uploading can be pretty time consuming.

So for now, here is a recipe for something I whipped up yesterday when I was itching for ‘sweet’. I’m a bit behind on re-establishing my grocery stockpile, so all I had in the house that was even remotely sweet was a banana! (I really am taking my time to settle back in, even though its not on purpose ;)). I’ve found that when I’m hankering for a quick treat, chocolate or peanut butter are the tastes that I’m really looking for. So bring on the peanut butter with this ‘serves one’ creamy pudding dessert!

Peanut Butter Banana Mash Pudding

1 large slightly overripe banana (about 1 cup when mashed)
3 drops lemon juice
3 tablespoons all natural peanut butter (peanuts and peanut oil only)
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons maple syrup, to taste – use less if you prefer
2 tablespoons coconut milk
Optional: 3 tablespoons unsweetened dessicated coconut (I love the added texture and taste!)

Start by mashing the banana with a fork in a small to medium sized bowl. While you’re mashing, mix in the lemon juice. Add the peanut butter and mix in well. It’ll be very sticky and possibly hard to mix up. Because of this, add the maple syrup at some stage when you’re mixing in the peanut butter. It helps smooth out the mash. Next add the coconut milk and, if desired, the dessicated coconut.

Most of my ingredients were ‘pre-chilled’, so the pudding was cool when I was finished mixing. I would recommend, if you can wait, to put it in the fridge to chill it before eating if you used all room temperature ingredients.

I suppose there is just enough to share with someone else… but I didn’t ;)

This recipe is linked to My Meatless Mondays, Midnight Madness Meatless Monday, and Just Another Meatless Monday, Seasonal Sunday, Mouthwatering Monday, Tuesday Night Supper Club, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesday Twister, Tasty Tuesday Parade of Food, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday at the Table, Gluten Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Pennywise Platter, Full Plate Thursday, Fight Back Fridays, Food on Friday, Friday Favorites, and Seasonal Sunday.

15 Responses to Peanut Butter Banana Mash Pudding

1. Rebecca Jean says:

Love dessert for one! I don’t think I would have shared either.

Thanks for sharing this with Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays.

♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

2. Judy says:

Neat! I’ll have to try this recipe. I love bananas or peanut butter with chocolate. Have a great week!

3. Heather says:

I think Reese’s had it wrong. Bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate are the THREE great taste that taste great together! I’m wondering how the ingredients would fare in the food processor or the Vitamix. I guess I’m feeling lazy. :)

4. Great recipe! I love that you have maple syrup and coconut milk in it, sounds great! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

5. Peanut butter IS my favorite!! seriously so thankful I dont have a nut allergy :)
    Thanks for sharing this seriously wonderful recipe at this weeks Seasonal Sunday event!
    xo,
    Brittany

6. Cassie says:

This looks like my kind of dessert! I love pudding but have been trying to cut out eggs and dairy – this recipe is perfect!

7. I have a heap of ripe bananas to use up at the moment so thanks! My kids will certainly love this one- if I share with them that is.

8. Christine says:

This makes me want to eat the impatient person’s version of this pudding: just peanut butter and banana! Yum.

9. Miz Helen says:

Hi Aubree Cherie,
    Oh my goodness, this Peanut Butter Banana Mash Pudding looks so comforting. A perfect dish for a cold winters day. Thank you so much for bringing it today to Full Plate Thursday. You have a great week end and please come back!

Hmm pudding for one eh? I’ll share this one with my son who’s just turning 18!

Thanks so much for linking up to Just Another Meatless Monday.

11. Yum, yummy! I bet this is so much better than pudding from a box.

I’d love it if you shared this recipe on my new linky, Sweet Tooth Fridays. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/03/chocolate-toffee/

12. christy says:

peanut butter and banana…classic because it is delicious! thank you for sharing this comfort food with tuesday night supper club

13. Hazel Moon says:

What a wonderful way to use up a ripe banana and add peanut butter. I can see the maple syrup will sweeten and flavor it just right.

I love peanut butter and banana. This sounds great.

15. Morri says:

Hiya, Aubree!

I wanted to let you know that I did a variation of this awesome recipe this weekend and posted it here:

I hope you don’t mind me linking you there also, but I wanted to give you credit for being part of my inspiration. I truly adore your blog, and always look forward to your newest post. Please keep up the awesome work!

<3 Morri