Weekly updates from Living Free

Okay, so maybe not yourself, but hey – I’m not here to judge anyone ;) It is pretty tasty though. And really good plain, like frosting should be. You can eat it off a spoon, off your finger, off the palm of your hand….

I made this frosting to go along with my Banana Date Cake Bars. It’s a grand combination! The frosting is made primarily from nuts, which isn’t exactly original, as I’ve seen lots of similar cashew recipes floating around on the web. But I don’t care. It’s too tasty not to share!

Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting

1 cup raw cashews
3 tbs cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
10 drops NuNaturals alchohol free liquid stevia
2 tbs honey

Wash and soak the cashews for about 20 minutes. Once soaked, add the cashews and almond milk to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add in the vanilla, stevia, honey or agave, and cocoa powder. Keep blending. Scrap it out of the blender and put into a container that will go in the fridge. Chill for about an hour before serving. Eat! But try not to eat it all at once :)

This recipe is linked to My Meatless Mondays, Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday Bloghop, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesday Night Supper Club, Tuesday at the Table, Gluten Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Prairie Swap Thursday, Food On Fridays, Foodie Friday, Vegetarian Foodie Friday, Friday Favorites, Fight Back Friday, MomTrends Recipe Linky, I’m lovin it Friday, and Pennywise Platter.

19 Responses to Frost Yourself…. with Chocolate!

1. Looks decadent and delicious! Yum! I make a similar frosting with macadamias, it’s so good! I’ll have to try it with cashews!

2. Megan says:

This looks delish, and with really healthy ingredients. This is a keeper!

3. I’ve never heard of this frosting before, I bet it would be nice on brownies.

4. You always know how to get a girl’s attention, don’t you? I still have not used cashews this way. I need a good source of raw cashews. Once I find it, it looks like I’ll be going crazy! LOL This frosting looks phenomenal, Aubree! :-)

xo,

Oh this looks delish! Now you’ve got me craving chocolate frosting!

6. Rachel says:

oh my goodness, that just looks divine!
    nom nom.

yes — good frosting should be edible all by itself :-)

7. Terry says:

All these blogs are making me want dessert!!! Yours looks Fab!!

If you are interested I have a linky up to link all the Gluten Free Blogs to. Hope you can stop by and link up.

8. chaya says:

I could eat the frosting plain and in a big bowl. You are the best.

9. angie says:

now that recipe sounds yummy with the nuts, chocolate mmmmm mmmm good

10. Joanna says:

I can’t even believe how decadent these look considering the lack of dairy and sugar!

11. My cashews are soaking, and I am making this healthy frosting today to go with my healthy raw cake.. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

12. christy says:

what a great recipe. i have seen cashews used as a mayo substitute, but never as frosting. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club!

13. Frost yourself… All I could here was Matthew McConaughey from the movie “How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days” and I cracked up. Great title!

14. Mary says:

I love this idea AND will be trying this really soon. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

15. Rebecca Jean says:

I’ve never seen frosting made this way – with nuts. You’ve piqued my interest. I love cashews, so this is getting bookmarked.

Thanks for linking to Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays.

♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

16. Katie says:

sounds amazing!!!!

17. Billie says:

Looks delicious!!

18. Mary C. says:

this is really good partially frozen! Like Frozen Yogurt. I plan on putting it and my cake in the freezer :D