Dairy free! Plus no sugar, and of course, it’s gluten free.

Heaven in a spoon…

I had again used tofu in a recipe (see my Fruit Pizza recipe) and had some left over that needed to be used up. I had previously created a recipe for Chocolate Mousse Pudding, but this time I wanted to try and not use agave nectar. So stevia was the replacement of choice.

And lets be honest, stevia with straight cocoa is bound to be a little bitter. That’s why I added the peanut butter. It wasn’t that the chocolate part was bad, it just wasn’t something I would run to the fridge after supper to taste. Unlike this one. This… this one has been really hard to not eat all at once.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse

1 12 oz package of firm silken tofu (I actually had half of a firm and half of a silken package left over that I used)
2 oz unsweetened baking cocoa bar
2 tablespoons corn oil
1/3 cup all natural peanut butter
24 drops of liquid stevia
1 tablespoon honey (optional)

First, in a microwave container (glass is best) add the chocolate and oil. Heat for about 1 minute, maybe more depending on your machine. (It just needs to be in a liquid state before you mix with the rest of the ingredients.)

And then it really couldn’t be any easier than this…Pour all the ingredients into a blender. Blend. Enjoy! (Okay, so you might need a spatula to make sure the ingredients on the sides of the blender aren’t left out, but you know what I mean :))

I did want to make a note about the honey. A few people that tried this thought it was a little too decadent and rich. They added a dollop of honey and that seemed to improve it just fine. I, however, think its fantastic even without the honey :)

PrintPrint Get a PDF  version of this webpage PDF

Pssst – I switched twitter accounts! Please add me if you haven’t already :)

____

Please visit these great blogs and roundup hosts!

This recipe is linked to Tasty TuesdaySlightly Indulgent Tuesday, Chocolate Obsession, Grocery Cart Recipe Challenge, Food On FridaysFoodie Friday, Friday Favorites, and Would You Like Chocolate with That?

27 Responses to Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse

1. Julie says:

This looks delicious. I am always looking for new recipes using tofu.

2. Jenn says:

Your mousse looks great!! mmm chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combinations…

3. Melinda says:

I was served a tofu chocolate pie years ago – and absolutely loved it! Adding peanut butter would only make it more wonderful!

4. Ann says:

This looks sooooo yummy!

5. Anna says:

Do you melt the chocolate?

6. Thanks everyone! :)

Anna – I’m so embarrassed for forgetting to write that bit in the post, you’re right on with the chocolate question! You indeed will need to melt it, I’ve now added my edits to the post. Thank you so much for noticing; I must be pretty spacey this week :D

7. I personally never thought I would like the looks of anything with tofu in it, but you have definitely proved me wrong! This looks amazing! If I can get all the ingredients easily, I really want to try it! I love chocolate and peanut butter – I used to make them into milkshakes when I was younger!

Chocolate and peanut butter…was there ever a better combination!? And don’t worry, I’ve had a ton of flops in the kitchen lately. On Sunday, I gave my boyfriend a pancake and asked him if it was good enough to go on the blog. His response? He pretended he didn’t hear the question so I wouldn’t get mad at his answer.

This looks great! And I appreciate the stevia in it :D

10. Ashlie says:

I love chocolate tofu pudding – definetly gonna mix in some nut butter next time!

11. Alea says:

What a wonderful combination of flavors! This will be popular in my house!

12. Natasha says:

How in the world could this be made without sugar…it looks amazing! Thank you for posting this mouth-watering recipe!

Best wishes,
    Natasha.

13. Pam says:

What a yummy and wonderful blog you have!

14. [...] Haven (German Kugel Dessert) 15. April@ The 21st Century Housewife (Delicious Sherried Shrimp) 16. Aubree Cherie @ Living Free (Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse) 17. Natasha’s easy creamy pasta. 18. Tara @ Feels Like Home (Asparagus & Egg Salad) 19. [...]

15. Looks lovely!!!!! I’ll be bookmarking this one for sure!

16. I love your name..Aubreeeee :-)

And I love the look of your choccy peanut butter mousse. I got a tofu cheesecake recipe from another lovely lady’s blog and now a tofu chocolate peanut butter mousse! Weeee!

Kathy

17. Mrs. Jen B says:

This is so intriguing! I love tofu – I think I tried to use silken for something once, maybe a dip, but that was a long time ago. I think it’s time to give it another go! :-)

18. Ann Kroeker says:

I used to have a recipe similar to this, without the peanut butter.

But.

I love peanut butter…what a delicious thing to add!

Oh boy, yummy, yummy! Looks delish. I love using stevia to sweeten my healthy desserts. Looks nice and light, and mousse-y of course!

20. April Harris says:

This looks so delicious – it’s amazing what you can do with healthy ingredients!! Thanks for sharing it.

21. Alisa says:

Wow!I love your site and I look forward to trying your delicious recipes.If you won’t mind, I’d really love to guide foodista readers to your site. Just add your choice of Foodista widget at the end of this blog post and you’re all set. Thanks!

22. Jas says:

oh wow – this looks like it has a great ‘mouthfeel’ too – mmm…mousse!

23. [...] (Daily Prayer Made Easy for Busy Moms)12. Alison @ Hospitality Haven (German Kugel Dessert)13. Aubree Cherie @ Living Free (Dairy Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse)14. Annie Kate (Favorite eCard Sites)15. Parenting Miracles (Easter Finery, part deux) 16. [...]

You can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter! Looks yummy! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

25. Kathy C. says:

Oh my goodness this looks YUMMY! My best friend just LOVES PB, so I thought for sure she jumped on this (because it’s linked on Lisa’s blog), but I don’t see her name in here…shame shame…I’m sending her your link right now! :)

26. Good job – sounds delicious! Glad you linked it up!

27. [...] Full (GF, FF Carrot Oatmeal Muffins7. Jenn Cuisine (Strawberry & Balsamic Salad Dressing)8. Aubree Cherie @ Living Free (Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse )9. Hallie @ Daily Bites (Garlicky Green Soup)10. Kate @ modern alternative mama (Thoughts on Sugar [...]