Weekly updates from Living Free

chocolate mousse 1-13-10 (4)

This mousse is only for REAL chocolate lovers. Its not for the faint of heart either. This mousse is more like a rich chocolate pudding and I really struggled to not eat all of it right when I made it. By some miracle it lasted about 4 days in my fridge. (In all fairness though, I did use about half of it in my Chocolate Pecan Coconut Cookies recipe.) Every time I opened the fridge and saw it sitting there I had to dip my spoon in.

Although, I did notice recently that I don’t crave sugar. I DO like to end dinner/supper with something sweet (fruit, a cookie, or something with peanut butter). I think its that whole ‘cleansing the palette’ thing. BUT, I really don’t have cravings! I get it in my head that something sounds good sometimes, but I don’t ‘itch’ for candy or ice cream. Its such a freedom. I didn’t think it was possible!!!

This mousse pudding is creamy and sweet and chocolaty. All things that make me happy; especially when combined! I normally don’t buy tofu because of its price, but I had to buy some to try to make sour cream. So I had a bit left over and wanted to try something sweet with it. It was experimental but I was pretty happy with it! (The picture doesn’t do it any justice…)

1 lb. silken tofu (I used a mix of soft and firm)
1/2 cup light agave nectar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Slice the tofu into cubes and place in the bottom of your blender. Add the agave, cocoa powder and vanilla extra. Blend on low.

I had to blend for about 10 seconds, stop, scrape the sides down and in, blend for 10 seconds, etc etc. It took me at least 5 minutes before it was all mixed it well and smooth.

The taste IS a bit strong at first, but once its been chilled in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, its smooth and amazing. Although I would warn against making that much or keeping it too long. Tofu really doesn’t last well over a week or so. Hence my using this pudding mousse in another experiment; Chocolate Coconut Cookies.

PrintPrint Get a PDF   version of this webpage PDF

This post is linked to Amy’s Slightly Indulgent, Lisa’s Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Diane’s Friday Foodie Fix, Valentines Day Gluten Free Recipes, Would You Like Chocolate with That? , and the Protein Edition of Just another Meatless Monday.

chocolate mousse 1-13-10 (7)

12 Responses to Chocolate Mousse Pudding

That bowl looks so decadent! Love it!

2. That pudding looks wonderful! Thanks for linking your post to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

I am really tempted to try this even though I don’t cook much with tofu. Any ideas on calories/serving?

4. Thank you Lisa and Iris!

Brenda – Tofu is definitely out of a lot of cook’s comfort zones (me included!). I would say a serving of this pudding is about a 1/4 cup (its extremely rich, so that amount would satisfy most any sweet tooth in one sitting I think). So with that serving size, the calories are below:

1 Serving:

90 Calories
    1 gram Fat
    1 3/4 grams Fiber

I hope this helps!

Thanks, ~Aubree Cherie

5. ButterYum says:

Ooh, tofu chocolate pudding. I’ll have to give this one a try sometime.

ButterYum

This looks very yummy!

Hope you’ll stop by this week for my Sweet Thursday Valentine Round-up.

7. Amy @ SS&GF says:

Yum!! Looks fabulous. Just made chocolate pudding and loved it (surprisingly) so I’m sure this would be delish! Thanks for linking up last week.

8. [...] apple onion gravy)11. Yadi@glutenfreediaries- GF,Soy free, Egg free, Dairy free pancakes12. Aubree Cherie @ LivingFree (Chocolate Mousse Pudding)13. Iris at The Daily Dietribe: Gluten Free Apple [...]

9. You had me at chocolate! I don’t think I’d have to worry about it hanging around too long at my house. Thank you for sharing this on Friday Foodie Fix.

10. Wow – good job!! Looks and sounds wonderful!

Oh wow!! What a perfect match up for my day! :D And it looks so very chocolaty YUMMMMMMM!!

Thanks for linking up, can’t wait to see what you do next week!